Monday, July 18, 2011

Progress in the back room

This past weekend this guy and I spent what felt like endless hours working on our back room. When we moved in it was a nursery with white carpet. Our drooly bulldog, of course, likes to spend the majority of her time back there. The white carpet had to go. So, the boy invited/begged some of his handy friends and my little brother to help install new wood flooring. The transformation was incredible. This all happened about six months ago. Life got in the way and finally, this past weekend he and I got to the base boards and molding.

The finished product

The before

The chocolate wood with the bright white molding and dolphin fin gray paint is everything I hoped it would be and more. So happy with it.

As you may have noticed, I've been a bit obsessive with industrial-style lighting. The problem: everything that I found fell into the $200-$500 range. I came across this one at IKEA for $60! Perfect for our tiny desk space (doesn't take up any room on the surface) and it can swing over to the chair behind it and become a reading lamp.
Here is a little taste of what the room will one day be. It's not quite there yet, but well on its way. I'm picturing lots of textures, in all shades of gray and white. With some natural wood here and there. More to come!



2 comments:

  1. It looks so good! Totally understand about life getting in the way. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete