Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eat like a veg


I've been a vegetarian for quite some time now {actually a pescatarian, meaning I am a vegetarian with the exception of fish}. I often get questions about my diet - what do I eat. So, I thought I'd share a few of my Summer time go-to's.

* Grilled Portabella burgers with pesto, grilled red pepper and feta
* Grilled Fish {halibut, tuna, swordfish, salmon, etc.} with roasted garlic, rosemary fingerling potatoes
* Quinoa salad with roasted asparagus, peppers, onion, zucchini, summer squash and pine nuts {add a little lemon juice and olive oil, also great for lunch the next day}
* Omelets with fresh herbs from the garden, tomatoes and goat cheese
* Couscous with grilled vegetables and a cucumber, dill yogurt sauce {super easy to make - greek yogurt, lemon juice, cucumber, dill - great left over for dipping veggies}

Really, I like to eat what's in season. I try to make it to our farmers market once a week and grab what looks good. A great big salad with lots of ingredients is always refreshing in the summer. This week I made one with arugula, chickpeas, avocado, cucumber, green onion, artichoke and sun dried tomatoes. I always make my own dressing. Here's my go-to:

* Olive Oil
* Balsamic
* Lemon Juice
* Salt & Pepper
* Dijon Mustard

And that, my friends, is how you eat like a veg

2 comments:

  1. v interesting! im trying to cut down the amount of meat i eat... i convinced my fiance to do the same. this week we made vegetarian chili, pizza and tomorrow it's omelets! cant wait. im dying to do a quinoa salad too. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete