Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Guest Post Series: Spring Style Files III


Lauren was my college roommie - now a Chicago girl herself. I was excited to share this one with you because I knew it would be a little more funky than the previous two. Enjoy!

When Ashley asked me to blog about spring fashion, I shivered. This winter has been so sold, and I am so pale. Could it really be time to start thinking about spring? Indeed, it is. March is upon us and the sun will be shining soon. I am SO ready.

Depressed by the dreariness of this winter, I’ve decided that my spring wardrobe needs at least one bright statement piece. So, let’s start with the pants…hot pants. Made by Current/Elliot, these Cayenne colored jeans scream spring. They also make me very happy. When paired with a classic cardigan and vintage v-neck tee, the perfect (and eye-catching) spring outfit is created.

These pants make a statement on their own -beat it winter-, so few accessories are needed. All the outfit needs is a great clutch, a gorgeous ring, and a simple gold necklace. Slip on a favorite pair of neutral high heels, and walk out the door. There is no doubt in my mind, this spring get-up will turn heads on the streets of Chicago.

-Lauren {www.mysocalledblahog.blogspot.com}

Pants: Stiletto Jeans in Cayenne by Current Elliot ($198 Madison Los Angeles)

Cardigan: Front Pock Cardigan in Neutral by LOFT ($44.50 LOFT)

Tee: Vintage Cotton V-Neck in White by JCrew ($29.50 from JCrew)

Purse: Vivian Rattan Clutch by Tory Burch ($275 Tory Burch)

Rings: Nudo Rings by Pomellato (Price Unlisted Pomellato)

Necklace: Wing Pendant Necklace in Gold ($38 Lori’s)

Heels: Charon in Khaki by LAMB ($295 Piperlime)

No comments:

Post a Comment