Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What are you thankful for?

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. The most wonderful day of the year. My love of this most perfect holiday has got me all giddy this morning! A holiday based on eating, spending time with family and counting your blessings. What could be better?

Each year I'm responsible for the pumpkin pie. I also do a little homemade whipped cream (too easy not to do yourself).


This year I'm thankful for so many things. Of course, the obvious good health & my career. But this year I got engaged to a wonderful person. I am so very thankful for him. I am also thankful for all of the loving, supportive family and friends that we have in our lives. I can not wait to get to my parents house tomorrow, make pumpkin pancakes (another tradition) and catch up with my baby brother. I will be spending part of the day with my new family-to-be. Truth be told, they already feel like family, which I am ever so thankful for.

What are you thankful for this holiday?


*images via pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for family, definitely! Have a lovely thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this post made me a bit misty-eyed! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ashley,

    As you get ready for the holidays, thought you and your followers might want to get your holiday shopping and decorating season off to a fun start and help others at the same time. The Oak Park River Forest Infant Welfare Society (OPRFIWS) is hosting its 13th annual Holiday Housewalk & Market on December 2 and 3, 2011. The Holiday Housewalk & Market is a fundraiser for The Children’s Clinic in Oak Park, which delivers top quality dental, medical and social services to underserved children from infancy to age 18.

    Also, December 2, 3 and 4, Maya del Sol, a great restaurant in Oak Park, is part of the Infant Welfare Society’s Dine and Share program. Click on this video, Two Minutes of Magic, to see Maya’s executive chef, Ruben Beltran, make a holiday ceviche. http://vimeo.com/32473333

    Holiday Housewalk: Tour five fabulous homes decorated for the holidays in Oak Park & River Forest.

    The Market: The Market offers a unique holiday shopping experience and features over 40 artisan vendors with "one of a kind" gifts of jewelry, art, home accessories, food and more!

    To order tickets: http://bit.ly/qMJR3m

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete