Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A mirror makeover





The mirror that lives on top of our bar used to be black. I was pretty bored with it, so I decided that before I begin the search for something new, I would try to give it a little makeover by spray painting it gold. If you live in Chicago, you cannot buy spray paint (apparently it's illegal, who knew??) So, off to the suburbs I went. I used the Valspar brand gold metallic. The trick, I learned, was to hold the spray paint can about a foot away from the surface for an even paint job. That, and tape, tape, tape - make sure every part of the mirror itself is completely covered. I think it turned out well, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. looks great! i love the gold paint.. i never knew that about buying spray paint in the city! xoxo jillian:: don't miss my fishs eddy dish giveaway!

    ReplyDelete